Thursday, May 19, 2011

A year!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I last posted in this blog! Since last year, I've seperated from J and begun my journey back to kink and polyamory as a happier and emotionally healthier human being. Things are so different these days. I dropped out of college in August and spent six months job hunting until I finally started work in February of this year. I'm in reception and marketing at a custom timber frame housing company and love my job.

I also finally moved out for what is hopefully the last time. I found a cute little suite in Aldergrove, not far from work and I bike to and from work every day which has resulted in an hour of cardio. Will know next week if it's doing anything as I only just started biking on a regular basis.
I got my learners in June last year and am nearly at the end of it. After I return from a trip to Edmonton to see my friends, I'll be allowed to take my N and see if I can drive all by my lonesome.




My photography isn't paying the bills yet, but I've been doing so much of it, that I'm really not worried. I just donated a $250 photo package to the BC Children's Hospital silent auction at the Royal Bank, and I've been out at events all over Vancouver, I got to watch and photograph the Terminal City Roller Girl's All-Star bout against Portland's Heartless Heathers (where they decimated the Heartless Heathers 170-58. I love my roller girls)




I also got to participate in the first Slut Walk in Vancouver this year It was inspirational to hear the rousing speeches and watch as 2000 people grouped together to walk for the rights of rape victims. Signs like "Respect is sexy" "I'm wearing my "Rape Me" socks" and "I take No for an answer" filled the streets and the Vancouver Police did an admirable job protecting walkers, riding around on motorcycles and stopping traffic to allow us to pass.



That's all for today's updates.




Subversion is the key,

K

No comments: